cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX922 now wants to print from the top cassette tray. How can I make it print from only bottom tra

PitkinGirl
Apprentice
Today my MX 922 decided it needs to print from the top tray. There is no paper in the top tray and I don't want to use the top tray. I want it to use the bottom tray as it always has until today. Setup shows that it is set to use the bottom tray but whenever I actually try and print anything from any program the printer provides an error message indicating I need to add paper to the top tray. Help!!
4 REPLIES 4

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

IPad, using the AirPrint feature (which was the main reason I bought this printer). It has worked perfectly for several months I don't know why this morning it changed. Ethel

Ramona
Authority

Hi PitkinGirl,

If you remove the printer from your iPad and then reconnect it, do you still experience the same issue?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

hrngffcr
Apprentice

I am using OSX on a desktop Mac. I am using Yosemite. I cannot get the Canon Mx922 to print from the bottom tray. What I am printing may not be 81/2 by 11, but I want to print from the bottom tray, none-the-less. All previous answers I find are vague, or are for iOS, or for a PC. My old Canon had a simple button to allow you to choose the tray. This one apparently does not. The initial print screen I get says it will print 8.5 X 11, but when I get to more detailed screen, the paper size box is grayed out.

Announcements