cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX892 will not power on

david2385
Apprentice

I have had my MX892 printer for about 2.5 years without any issues. Today it will no longer turn on, display do not even light up. However, if I unplug it for a few minutes and then plub it back in and then press the power button and hold it, the display does turn on for less than a second and beeps and then turns off again.

Is there anything I can try to correct this issue?

36 REPLIES 36

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

On my printer (MX432) a long hold shuts it off. When it is powered down try just pushing and immediately releasing the power button.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have but no luck. A long press after having the printer unplugged for a few minutes will turn display on with the Canon logo and a beep but as soon as I let go of the button it turns off. If I try a short press nothing happens.

The print had been sitting unplugs for a couple of days so I tried to turn it on and now it comes up with an error B200

what does that mean?

Hi david2385!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

Can you please tell us what happened next and if your printer is working again as mine is not powering on.

Thanks.

Ramona
Authority

Hi david2385,

If resetting the printer did not resolve the B200 error, the printer will require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please Contact Us for your servicing options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the exact same problem and am pretty upset. I like this printer and want it to be working again. Its not powering on at all so please contact me about fixing this asap.

Thanks.

v_frustrated
Apprentice

Me too! My printer is totally dead. Tried all the troubleshooting. Just out of warranty, as well. Recall, or some sort of help, perhaps? It seems too widespread to be a coincidence...

rfox
Apprentice

I have the same exact issue. Stopped printing a 2-page job and the printer is dead after 15 months. Add me to the list of folks that will not purchase another Canon printer. Good thing I found out now...was about to buy one of these as a gift for my son...not anymore.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements