cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MG2120 Printer has Color ink error code EOS

Matt_Foley
Apprentice

My MG2120 Printer has Color ink error code, the LED display flashes alternating letters E-O-S, there is a steadily lit orange triangle light, and an indicator light next to the words "color ink" is flashing. The printer will not function.

I have had the printer for about 2 years, maybe longer, and the color ink has been empty nearly the entire time with the original cartridge installed the entire time, but I only use black ink, and the printer has worked fine until this error occured yesterday. I've recently read that the printer requires both color and black ink cartridges to be installed to print, and that the color ink holes may be clogged.

I tried taking out both cartidges- the empty color cart, and the nearly full black cart, now the error code flashes E-1-6, and the orange triangle is still lit, with the color ink light flashing.

How do i remedy this? Will simply replacing the color ink cartridge fix this? Must a service be provided to unclog the color ink holes? Is this something i can fix myself?

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Matt Foley,

The E 1 6 is an error that indicates that the ink has run out.  Replacing the color ink cartridge should resolve the issue that you are experiencing

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

And do you know about the code E-O-S, or it may be numbers- E-0-5, do you know what that means???

Announcements