cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My G4210 Magenta ink not coming out.

marimo
Apprentice

Hello.  

My G4210 stopped printing the red color properly.  I ran the "cleaning" and "deep cleaning" several times but no improvement.  what else should I do?   Do I need to do ''ink flushing"?  If so, do I need to purchase a particular solution for this step?   Thank you in advance.     

6 REPLIES 6

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Marimo,

If magenta is not printing, you can try up to 3 regular cleanings or 2 deep cleanings to see if it starts to appear when you perform a nozzle check. If the magenta does not start to appear, you can try reseating the color print head and you can try an ink flush. You would not need a special solution to perform an ink flush. The ink levels will just need to be above that last ink level indication on the front of each ink tank. The ink flush will try and clear any air in the ink lines that might be preventing ink from getting to the paper.

i have a workforce pro WF-4833 and cannot get Magenta to print.  I have tried cleanin hte heads 10X and its not working.  I see you recommend removing the head but the instructions are off a differnt printer.  Do you have details on how to address for a WF-4833?  

Thanks for chiming in, leeloree!  This forum is specifically for Canon products.  As your printer is made by Epson, we recommend contacting them for support.

Have a great day!

Hi there. I have the same issue. My Canon G4511 hadn't not been printing magenta for a while. I've lived with it, but it's far from ideal. I have just run three cleans, 2 deep cleans and an ink flush. The problem is still the same. The other colours are printing fine, but not magenta.
What can I do now?

Thanks so much

laurawms
Apprentice

I am in the same boat...did multiple cleanings help?

CarmelR
Apprentice

I have a Canon MG 5760 and Magenta stopped printing so faces in my photos are coming up GREEN

I think the problem was that I bought recycled printer inks from Officeworks - just ONCE! And I've had nothing but problems since.

Is there a way to clean just ONE ink without wasting all the others? I usually only buy Canon Inks even though they are EXPENSIVE and I don't feel I want to do 10x head cleans if there's no guarantee of a clear result

I don't know how to do anything other than the maintenance the machine itself offers

Announcements