cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac book pro won't see canon MX922

trehutch
Apprentice

I am an all Mac system in my house and I have my canon mx922 hooked up via usb to my mac mini. I am trying to print via my macbook pro but i cannot see the printer. Wireless LAN is enabled. When i go to add the cannon printer it doesn't even see it on the network to download the drivers from it. Help!!!

Trevor

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, Trevor!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which version of Mac OS X is running on your MacBook Pro and your Mac mini. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am running el capitain on both machines

Hi trehutch,

To setup your PIXMA MX922 for wireless use, please follow these steps:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type PIXMA MX922 in the "Enter a Model" box and click GO.

3.  In the Driver section, under Recommended, please click on the Select button next to the MX920 series CUPS Printer Driver.

4.  Click the Download button.

5.  If a file download box appears, click Save.

6.  Once the download is complete, click on the Select button next to the MX920 series Scanner Driver.

7.  Click the Download button.

8.  If a file download box appears, click Save.

9.  Once the download is complete, click on the 'Software' link.

10.  Please click on the Select button next to the Canon IJ Network Tool.

11.  Click the Download button.

12.  If a file download box appears, click Save.

13.  Once the download is complete, close all windows.

To install your PIXMA MX922 for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the <Menu> button on your PIXMA MX922.

2.  Select Setup and press the <OK> button.

3.  Select Device settings and press <OK>.

4.  Select LAN settings and press <OK>.

5.  Select Wireless LAN setup and press <OK>.

6.  Select Other setup and press <OK>.

7.  Select Advanced setup and press <OK>.

8.  Follow the on screen prompts to complete the setup.

9.  Double click [mcpd-mac-mx920-16_10_0_0-ea21_3.dmg] to install the CUPS printer driver.

10.  Double click [msd_-mac-mx920-19_1_0a-ea11.dmg] to install the scanner driver.

11.  Double click [mnt_-mac-4_7_0-ea21_3.dmg].  Files will extract, follow the prompts to complete installation.

12.  Restart the computer.

If you are experiencing difficulties, you may view the installation process by following this link:

http://downloads.canon.com/html/wireless/modules/14slw-ww/14slw-ww-0010-000/14slw-ww-0010-000.html

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Now Macbook pro running el capitan won't print to the canon mx 922 that is hooked up via usb to the mac mini on my netwrok. I go to print and it says printer not connected. I go turn the printer off and then on and then it prints, without me doing anything else, what gives????

Hi trehutch,

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX and IPv6 settings on the printer may resolve the connection and printing issues you are experiencing. To do this, please follow these steps:

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX setting

1. Press the MENU button. If your printer does not have a MENU button, please proceed to step 2.

2. Select SETUP, then press the OK button.

3. Select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

4. Use the arrow buttons to select LAN SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5. Use the arrow buttons to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button

6. Use the arrow buttons to select WIRELESS LAN DRX SETTING, then press the OK button.

7. Use the arrow buttons to select DISABLE, then press the OK This will return you to Other Settings menu.

Disabling the IPv6 Setting

1. Press the MENU button. If your printer does not have a MENU button, please proceed to step 2.

2. Select SETUP, then press the OK button.

3. Select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

4. Use the arrow buttons to select LAN SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5. Use the arrow buttons to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

6. Use the arrow buttons to select TCP/IP SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

7. Use the arrow buttons to select IPv6, then press the OK button.

8. Use the arrow buttons to select YES at confirmation screen [LAN communication may be disabled depending on your environment. Set this setting?] then press the OK button.

9. Use the arrow buttons to select ENABLE/DISABLE IPv6, then press the OK button.

10. Use the arrow buttons to select DISABLE, then press the OK button. This will return you to IPv6 settings menu where you can press MENU to exit to the main menu.

Once the settings are disabled, please turn off your computer, unplug your printer and router for at least 2 minutes, then plug them back in and turn your computer and printer back on. Next, please attempt to reinstall the printer wirelessly and print.

If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

trehutch
Apprentice
Mac book pro would not see the printer via the wireless connection. I ended up hooking the printer via USB to my Mac mini and then shared it over the network. The Mac book pro was able to see the print thru my Mac mini. Still perplexed why it can't see it over the direct wireless connection. I should be able to have the Mac mini hooked up via USB and have other machines connect through the printer wifi

jessicap
Apprentice

I've had this same issue because I use 5G internet and the MX922 can't connect to 5G. So when I'm trying to add or use it, I switch connection to the non-5G internet on my macbook, then I'm able to use the MX922.

I also encountered a similar problem with my mac book pro. After that, I have found the best servicing center the (link removed as per Forum Guidelines). They were really awesome. I hope you also get good services there.

Announcements