cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS X - iP8750 Turn OFF Color Management??

Glenn_UK
Apprentice

In order to make Custom Profiles (using ColorMunki) it's necessary to disable any Color Management when printing the Target Sheet/s.

The Windows User Manual shows a "Color Matching OFF" option to allow this, but there seems to be no way to turn it off if using Mac OS X.

Can someone help me out here, please?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000267 EndHTML:000017307 StartFragment:000016764 EndFragment:000017170 StartSelection:000016764 EndSelection:000017170 SourceURL:http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/1093/image-id/15580i4A16C88FB5AA020E/tab... Images for jrhoffman75 - Canon Community

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, John, for your help.

I am familiar with ColorSync as used from e.g. Photoshop, where I know it does prevent any Printer control of colour, and so allowing profiles to be applied.

I was afraid that ColorMunki would, by using ColorSync, apply the Default Canon profile for whatever the Media/Quality set.

(In Windows, there are three options: Application Managed, Printer Managed or No Color Correction. It was the lack of that 3rd option that concerned me).

My practice with ColorMunki has been (in order to save on ink/paper) to use the Save as PDF option, which I would then rescale to 48% on an A4 document in Pshop to print without any ColorManagement using Adobe's ColorPrint Utility.

It was when doing that I noticed the ColorMunki PDF output varied when changing only Media Type, making me suspect profile being used.

Reading your post, and so realising no color management was being applied, I have now by-passed all that fussy pdf procedure and simply down-scale and print direct to paper cut to A6. (Layout options not available on my previous printer).

So, my thanks again.

Announcements