cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY PIXMA MX922 PRINTS FROM PHONE BUT LIGHTLY FROM LAPTOP

RMPrudent
Contributor

I've had 2 of these printers for several years, and love them.  Suddenly on the home printer, documents sent from our laptops are printing so lightly we can't read them.  Conversely, sending the same document to the same printer from my iPhone results in a normal, easy-to-read copy.  The printer also prints very slowly from laptop, less slowly from iPhone.  I have updated firmware and drivers on the laptop.  I've also cleaned the printheads using the printer's own settings.  Anyone have any idea about this enigma?  

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, RMPrudent!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your laptops (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Windows 10 on both Dell laptops.  It might be significant that the 2 laptops are relatively new, probably 2 to 3 months old.  Again, for the past few months the laptops interfaced with the printer fine,  suddenly started printing very lightly, but will print with normal color when docuemnt sent to printer from iPhone.  It's also significant that the print job sent from laptop takes at least 5 minutes to print 1 page, while the iPhone documents print slightly more quickly.  One black ink tank is full, the other 75%.  I can't help but think the disparity between documents sent from laptop vs. iPhone is the signficant mystery-solver here.

Hello RMPrudent,

If you are getting lighter prints on your computer and the job takes longer to print, but the phone prints fine and the print is faster, it will usually point to a difference in the paper settings used. In this situation, I would suggest checking the print settings in the program that you are printing from. You can check the media/paper type to make sure it is set to plain paper and you can check the quality settings to make sure that it is set to standard.

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What program are you printing from on your computer?
  2. What type of document/image file are you trying to print?
  3. Do you run into the same problem when you try to print from another program on your computer?

Thanks for the response.  The light/weird printing on jobs sent from the computer happens regardless of which program it's coming from.  (email attachments, Word documents, PDF files).  I can certainly check the settings, but nothing changed (we've been printing from those laptops for years) before the problems began.  I have the same printer/scanner at my office, and it prints perfectly fine regardless of where the job is coming from.  Interestingly, the home printer/scanner doesn't sound like it used to when the print job starts.  The office printer/scanner sounds "normal," whereas the one at home started sounding different when it initiates a job.  Is there  a way for me to take a video of the home printer/scanner starting a job and then uploading it to this thread?

Announcements