cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX926 printer only printing top part of each line

Hans1955
Apprentice

Hi,

My Canon MX926 printer has mysteriously started printing only the top part of each line in PFD documents.  I uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers and similarly, the Adobe Acrobat DC reader in case it was sending corrupt information to the printer.  The half-lines error is clearly shown on "print preview" so appears to be a driver problem.  The same document printed fine from an iPad which again points to printer drivers or something in Windows.  I am running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop.

I've run out of ideas.

Thanks in anticipation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks but the printer itself is fine but the same problem with a my Windows 8.1 laptop. I've since found it's only a problem with certain pdf files and I set an Advanced Option to print as an Image and it worked. It's still a mystery though.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TelsaP51
Apprentice

type { clean the timing ( encoder ) strip  in the "blank" suggestion box next to the category box with the "Board" option checked.

I followed the instructions for the MX922 and the printing issues that I had with my PIXMA MG3620, i.e., missing characters,

alignment, and smudges were resolved

PS,

Hans1955 you may have to check the archives for an article about cleaning the "timing strip". 

I wish you well in applying the solution, it work for me.

Thanks but the printer itself is fine but the same problem with a my Windows 8.1 laptop. I've since found it's only a problem with certain pdf files and I set an Advanced Option to print as an Image and it worked. It's still a mystery though.

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the commmunity is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

That's true. It's An Australian model.
Announcements