Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX925 printout stops half way through

tipshorn-al
Apprentice

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with the following:

Symptom: print stops mid print; printer (Canon MX925) spits the paper out and states print finished; print details on PC still shows that the print is mid print. The print info on the PC then hangs for a long period then intermittently an error message is given from PC saying there is a printer error. PC is XP SP3.

Tests done: tried printing using the email to print facility from my Pc. This works fine with same document. The  printer is connected via wireless; wired conenction for PC.

Tests done: tried printing same document from another device, a laptop, and this works without error. Wireless printer connection; wireless laptop. Laptop is Windows 8.1.

Steps tried:

a) PC reboot. No change.

b) re-installed drivers. no change.

c) My old Canon printer started to have this problem too, though has now broken.

My conclusion is that the print is not completely sent by the PC to the printer, but have no idea how or why.

Appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

ThePixelMines
Apprentice
Canon MX922 | Win 7 | Wireless setup

I'm having a similar problem, however, I'm getting no warnings. Printer is seemingly choosing random pages to only partially print. Spits it out and will not advance to next page. Print queue stops indefinitely. I must manually cancel the print to print anything else.

Hi ThePixelMines,

Does this issue occur when printing from other applications?

Have you tried restarting your computer?

The issue that you are having could be related to your driver, so try uninstalling / reinstalling the printer driver. You can download the driver HERE. Let us know if this resolves your issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

At this point, I'm assuming the issue was that I was printing wirelessly. I added a USB cable and an additional device driver and that solved my problem.

Ebony
Rising Star

Hi tipshorn-al,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Whitetiger1
Apprentice

I have this same problem but my model number is MX410, everytime I print wirelessly it says it's done in the middle of printing, but my computer says it's not and the print proves it did not finish printing. frustrating to say the least!!!! what can I do to fix it other than go by a new printer that will print properly.

Hi!

I have a MG6850 and it has the same problem.

I so fustrated with the time I lost with it that I think I am going to buy another from another brand. I tried already all the ideas possible to solve it - if I carry the printer to the hall, 5 meters away from the office, it works well, but who wants to carry the printer each time a print job is needed?

By the way I think that the problem is with the bad wireless connection of the printer - I have other devices woking here in the home office and they work everywell.

Best regards!

Hello!

If you've tried the above troubleshooting, and you're still having issues, you'll want to reach out to support for assistance.

Support here in the US can be reached by calling 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays. 

If you're outside the US, you can find your support options by visiting Canon in your area HERE

Announcements