cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 error code 1008

MLarry
Apprentice

Almost everytime I try to print the error code 1008 shows up.   I remove the paper, fiddle with the guides and reinsert.   Sometimes this works, but usually I have to power off the printer, then when I turn it back on it will print for 2-3 pages, then 1008 again.

11 REPLIES 11

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MLarry,

The 1008 error caused by:

1.  There is no paper in the cassette (lower).

2.  The paper source is incorrect.

3.  Paper is not loaded properly.

To resolve this, please place paper in the lower cassette, making sure that the photo paper or plain paper such as A4, B5, A5, 8" x 10" (20 x 25 cm), Letter, or Legal, or envelopes are loaded.

For more information regarding loading paper, please view the following page from the On Line Manual of your PIXMA MX922:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MX920%20series/EN/BG/Bg-Loading1400.html

When the paper is in place, align the paper guides with the both edges of the paper and the press the OK button to dismiss the error.

If you are using Windows:

Once set, please make sure that the printer driver is set to the lower tray:

1.  Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2.  In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3.  In Control Panel, click on View devices and printers.

4.  Right click the Canon MX920 series Printer and left click on Printing Preferences.

5.  Click on the Main tab.

6.  Please set the Media Type to Plain Paper and the Paper Source to Cassette.

7.  Click Apply and then OK.

Please attempt to print.

If you are using Mac OSX:

Once set, please make sure that the printer driver is set to the lower tray:

1.  Open your item that you wish to print.

2.  Click on File and then Print.

3.  Click Show Details.

4.  Select your paper from the Paper Size drop down menu.

5.  Select Quality & Media from the drop down menu.

6.  Select your type of paper from the Media Type drop down menu.

7.  Choose Cassette from the Paper Source menu.

Please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I also have the same problem.
This did not resolve it.
I also cleaned the rollers (twice).
That did not resolve it.
Is there another fix? 

My printer is out of warranty, so the upgrade program is my only solution, correct?

Hi Melissa60515,

The 1008 error occurs when the paper type selected on your PIXMA MX922 does not match the paper setting set in the printer driver.  Please follow the steps above exactly to clear this error.  I have also provided the link below:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MX920%20series/EN/ERR/1008.html#wp1412312

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No. This did not resolve my issue. When i went to print ...it says paper out...and then gives me the error 1008 again.

I have this same issue.  I have tried everything I can find here and on the internet.  Canon support told me the roller is probably broken and I'll need a new printer.  Has ANYONE gotten their printer to work?  

I have not...if you do, please let me know how it was fixed...I have it sitting in my garage waiting

Will do.  Likewise!

kundtz
Apprentice

#3 from the Canon rep is very important. I got "LTR" and "A4" type of paper confused in my mind. When using standard 8.5" by 11" be sure to have the paper tray in the "LTR" position. That solved my problem.

Roto74
Apprentice

no, the error code 1008 continues to appear when I attempt to print.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements