cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 PGBK Text blurry every three lines

Pallama
Apprentice

I have a 3 year old MX922.  Recently some of the text has been blurry. I did as print nozzle check pattern and the PGBK section comes out blurry in the middle, as though it is printing the grid and a shadow. All other color sections are fine until the Ver 2.020 on the bottom which is blurry again.

I tried

1) Clean

2) Deep Clean

3) Auto Align (did not try manual align)

4) Changed all cartridges

5) soaked / cleaned print head in ammonia,  distilled water and alcohol

6) Cleaned thin transparent plastic strip in the back with q-tip and neutral detergent

Nothing fixes this.

Then I tried printing out an excel spreadsheet with lots of random numbers. I tried changing different rows colors from light blue to dark blue to black.  

Only the pure black rows printed fuxxy.  The dark dark navy black rows print fine.

Can I assume 1) that the two metallic squares are print heads  for a) color (including BK) and b) PGBK and that the PGBK secvtion of the print head having a software head alignment problem which causes it to move out of allignment every 100 or so "dots" or printer increments? Is there anyway to fix this?

11 REPLIES 11

Crafty42
Apprentice

I've been having this problem for months now and have tried all the same steps over and over again.  I rarely use my printer, so it wasn't as big a deal, but after buying several Canon printers for myself over the years and family because of the name, I've now switched to HP.  Bought one for my sister and mother, and just ordered myself on yesterday to replace this junk after seeing no support from Canon on this or any way to fix it short of buying a new print head and no guarantee it won't happen again.

Jayla
Apprentice

SAME ISSUE, SAME STEPS ATTEMPTED. One resolution/work around that prints things clear is I end up using the print "photo quality" on "photo paper" option even though its NOT a photo, its a simple document. This prints everything clear for me. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements