cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX920 only prints in blue and black.

FCHollywood
Apprentice

MY MX920 worked great until I recently changed magenta and yellow ink tanks, but now it only prints in bue and black.  

I have tried removing and reinserting all ink tanks.  Continuous red lights on each. I printed spray pattern and it is indeed only showing blue and black.

Neither the printer display nor the print screen on my Mac show anything odd regarding ink. 

I've restarted everything -- can't shake the blue and black printing, which is a problem for the home office.

Ideas??

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi FCHollywood,

If you have already verified that the tape has been removed from the bottom of the ink tanks, you can perform a series of cleanings and deep cleanings on the unit to see if this will resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow the steps located here.

Should you still experience the same issue after performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings, the printer will requrie servicing.  Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements