cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX882 Not Responding

paulpepe
Apprentice

Have a wireless hookup between an HP Pavilion and an MX882.  Been working great past year.....then one day, my printer would not respond.  My scan function works from the computer so Iknow that my wireless is working.  I can make copies so I know that my printer is working.  I spent 3.5 hours on line with a tech who  including gave up.  He did everything imaginable reinstalling the soft ware. Nothing! I still get the error message "Printer not responding." Can anyone help me resolve this problem?  Thank you.

Paul

8 REPLIES 8

Tiffany

Hi Paulpepe!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what operating system you're using. Any other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue. Thanks and have a great day!

I am using Windows 7 and my HP Pavilion is a g series.  Thanks

I also have the problem. I'm running a Dell Inspiron 1150 under Windows 8.1.

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi paulpepe,

There are a couple things we can check since the scanning function is working over the network, but the printing function is not.

First, let's see if the printer is set "Offline".

1. Click the start icon, then click Devices and Printers.
  2. Right-Click the printers icon and select See what's printing in the dropdown menu.
  3. In the next screen click the printer tab. Use Printer Offline will have a check mark to the left of it.
  4. Click Use Printer Offline to remove the check mark.

Next, ensure that the printer driver is configured to the proper port.

1. In the Devices and Printers window, right-click the Canon printer icon, then select Printer Properties. 
  2. Click the Ports tab to confirm the port settings.
  3. Make sure that a port named "CNBJNP_xxxxxxxxxx" (where "xxxxxxxxxx" is the character string generated from the MAC address) with "Canon XXX Printer" appearing in the [ Printer ] column is selected for [ Print to the following port(s) ].

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Although there was a checkmark i had to remove for the "printer offline" , solution sitll not allowing me to print wirelessly. 

With each time i've reloaded the printer drivers, i seem to add another Cannon Mx880 series printer to my printer selection.  How do i get rid of them all?  And how do i know which one NOT to delete?  the last time i tried, i apparently go rid of the wrong one, and had to reload all the software. 

Hi Ignail,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support .  There is NO charge for this call.

Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.  Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I do not have a port named CNBJNP_xxxxxxxxxx"

Announcements