cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX535 is printing with horizontal gaps and therefore stretching the print.

Studentenfutter
Apprentice

Hi Community, hope someone can help me:

My MX535 is printing with horizontal gaps and therefore stretching the print. Nothing of the print is missing, it looks like the paper is forwarded too far in some parts. The printer did this with the older Software and driver Version and also with the now updated one. It appeared in a temporal context with refilling the cartridges two days ago. I tried to print with Preview (see attached file), Adobe Reader, MS Word - all with gaps. I have cleaned the printhead several times, made test-prints and the test prints appear to be normal.

Thank you for your help and merry Christmas!

Printer: Canon MX535

MacBook Pro 13" early 2015

Driver & Software: mac-mx530-1_6-mcd

Print with Preview:

This is the printThis is the print

The preview:

the print-preview how it should look likethe print-preview how it should look like

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If you have installed new inks, the problem is with the Printhead.  Either it's still partially clogged or is at the end of its life.  I suspect it's just clogged.    

To confirm this, print a nozzle test pattern.  If it is faint or there are gaps, you'll have your answer.  

Canon Knowledge Base - Printing the Nozzle Check Pattern

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the answer - nozzle test print is perfect - as I mentioned. That’s not the problem. When you look at the printed document you will see that nothing is missing. It’s the print itself that is pulled apart on the paper. Any ideas?

i have come across your post , my printer is doing the same , did you find out how to fix it , if so can you let me know please.

thanks

wayne soppitt

Hi Wayne!

Sorry to hear you have the same problem. I did not get it resolved. Please let me know if you find out anything to fix this. 

Thanks!

I will , if it gets fixed.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements