cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX475 - Black Ink Prints Shadowy and Unclear

GoroPrints
Contributor

Hi! So I recently bought this printer MX475 and I know it's kinda old but it was in perfect condition. I have used it a lot and than the black ink was over so I replaced it. Bought an original FINE cartridge. It was printing great enough. After a couple of days, black texts and photos' quality was looking bad as if they were an old quality picture maximized to a 4K screen. Anyway I have been trying everything. I have replaced cartridges, cleaned the encoder strip, cleaned printhead multiple times. Nothing worked and. 

And I just realized that when I print things with my mobile phone. They come out near perfect. The texts are readable but because it's printing very fast, sometimes prints can come with white lines. And using the PC at Plain Paper-Standart quality makes them come the same way mobile phone does but I don't want that. I need to use the high quality settings. Thank you for helping me and sorry for my bad English.

18 REPLIES 18

Here are the nozzle check results. After a couple of normal cleanings and a deep cleaning. Please help me I need to take black prints and I can't afford a new printer right now.

IMG_20220505_000307.jpg

GoroPrints
Contributor

The thing I am complaining is that on High Quality mode, texts have some shadow kinda thing outside them but on standart mode, some texts are crisp clear. And on both modes, it can't even print a straight line? 

IMG_20220504_160246.jpg

IMG_20220504_160236.jpg

IMG_20220504_160228.jpg

IMG_20220504_160222.jpg

  

A much clear comparison. Scan_20220504.png

IMG_20220504_162942.jpg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

EDC27151-0742-459C-B26D-416F8C540DA1.jpegDo you have a new black cartridge to try? If a new black cartridge doesn’t correct the problem you should call the Canon support line for your region and see if they can help. This is a user forum, not and official Canon support site. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Please just look at this and -if you can- tell me what's the problem? What should I do? Why is the black being distorted like that? And thank you so much for your help.IMG_20220505_000307.jpg

I just want your opinion btw nothing more. 🥰

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You've done everything I can think of - nozzle check, deep clean, official Canon inks, encoder strip cleaning.

I would try one more good cleaning of the encoder strip, and if that doesn't resolve the problem I think you are looking at a printer repair/replacement. Just my opinion.

Unfortunately, most consumer products nowadays are not readily repairable. They aren't built to come apart and parts aren't always supplied by the manufacturers.

In the US Canon has a program for reduced prices on replacement for products that can't be repaired or are obsolete because of operating system updates. Maybe Canon Turkey has a similar program.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Well thank you for your help. I guess it's time for me to buy a new printer but definitely not Canon.

Announcements