cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX472 won't recognize new ink cartridges code 1401

Gregg1
Apprentice

I recently needed to replace my ink cartridges on my MX472 and immediately following  the install, I received several beeps and a code on the LCD display of 1401. That code means ink not installed. Consequently, I cleaned the contact strips with alcohol, did a hard reset of holding the stop button for 5 seconds, another type of reset of holding the stop button for 2 seconds, then pressing and holding the power button followed by pressing the stop button 5 times. I also unplugged the printer for 5 minutes with the cartridges out of the printer and plugged it back in, reinstalled the cartridges and still received the 1401 error code Check Ink. I went and bought another set of authentic Canon ink thinking the first set was defective and still a no go on the second set. Is my printer ready for the trash can? Its only 6 months old!  Anyone have any other thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi Gregg1,

Since you continue to receve the error after performing the troubleshooting steps you have mentioned, the printer will require servicing.  Since you purchased the printer within the past year, it is still within the warranty period; please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Gregg1
Apprentice

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller? Beuller?

Hi Gregg1!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Ramona
Authority

Hi Gregg1,

Since you continue to receve the error after performing the troubleshooting steps you have mentioned, the printer will require servicing.  Since you purchased the printer within the past year, it is still within the warranty period; please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Ramona.. I did call customer support last week and after trying different methods of trying to clear the error, I was pleasently surprised that Canon is sending me a new printer. It should arrive this week. Thanks so much for the great service! I did not expect my printer to be replaced! That is pretty awesome!

I have an iP8720 been at this for 3 hours will not recognize new cartridge very frustrating. Canon is best photo printer but this is frustrating all new cartridges all lights lit.

Hi lfalsetto,

Please open the cover to your printer.

Fron left to right, what is on each label of each ink tank that is installed in your PIXMA iP8720?

Also, are they all genuine Canon ink tanks?

Announcements