cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX340: Print Preview screen is blank, and printed page is blank

OldGrantonian
Contributor

I have Canon MX340, printing from Windows 10.

I never use colour. For years my printer worked fine with an empty colour cartridge.

Recently, after changing the black ink, I got message saying Colour ink running low.

I tried the various suggestiosn in manual, such as pressing the red inverted triangle button for 10 seconds.

Eventually, I splashed out on a new colour cartridge - which I don't intend to use.

Now there are no error messages, but I don't get a preview. The normal green preview screen appears - but it's blank.

If I now print, I get a blank page.

Any advice?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

shaydee5
Contributor

Maybe a stupid reply if you've already done this, but did you try the setting to only use the Black ink? I think this might allow the printer to ignore the Color cartdrige. Hopefully the Black will begin printing again.

Another thing...what color is the text in the item you're printing? Is it a picture or document? My apologies if you're tech savvy, but I've seen some strange things in my years doing tech support. Smiley Happy

I have the same printer and haven't experienced these issues, which is why I'm offering some help.

Canon Printer Properties Screenshot 2021-11-04 123115.jpg

@shaydee5

Thanks for your kind response.

@shaydee5 wrote:

...did you try the setting to only use the Black ink? I think this might allow the printer to ignore the Color cartdrige. Hopefully the Black will begin printing again.

I wasn't aware of that option. 

I found it and set to Black. So, far that hasn't solved the issue..

@shaydee5 wrote:

...what color is the text in the item you're printing? 

I only ever use Black. The colour cartridge has been empty for years.

But as part of the troubleshooting. I bought a new (repeat new) colour cartridge and placed it in the correct slot (with a "C" )

@shaydee5 wrote:

Is it a picture or document?

A simple text document.

I've decided to do all the checks shown in your screenshot.

So far, I've done "Bottom Plate Cleaning".  That showed no smudges from the internal components.

I did "Nozzle Check". That was perfect - relative to the example screenshot that Canon give.

Thanks.

Hi,

If the nozzle check printed the black grid above the color bars, that means the black ink is flowing correctly. The issue may be related to the printer driver itself. I recommend removing the driver from your computer and then perform a reinstall of the printer driver. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OldGrantonian
Contributor

[QUOTE=ArthurJ]
I recommend removing the driver from your computer and then perform a reinstall of the printer driver.
[/QUOTE]

That worked fine. Thanks.

Announcements