cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 892 tough taskmaster

HUMBLEJOHN
Apprentice

My 892 presents a problem because it will not let me use the wrong ink cartridge. The reason I say this is

that the i9900 I have will let you put any cartridge in which enables you to continue printing even if you don't happen to have the correct cartridge. I print documents, not pictures, so that the cartridges (except black) are of little use. The 892, however, has stifled me since I do not have several of the particular cartridges it wants. Now it is a useless paperweight even though I have plenty of black ink. 

Is there a way to only use the color black on this printer. I have a portable canon which has a "black only" setting.

can anyone help me here?  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi HUMBLEJOHN,

The PIXMA MX892 requires that all of the correct ink tanks be installed in order to use the printer.  There are no overrides or alternate ink tanks that can be used to use the printer without the correct ink tanks installed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi HUMBLEJOHN,

The PIXMA MX892 requires that all of the correct ink tanks be installed in order to use the printer.  There are no overrides or alternate ink tanks that can be used to use the printer without the correct ink tanks installed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements