cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 490 continuous power cycling .

jperez739
Contributor

My Canon MX490 AIO printer started to power cycle with only the Canon logo showing on the printer display. The printer will move the ink cartridges then the rollers will move and click then shut off then turn back on and start the same cycle again. This will happen while it's plugged in. Any suggestions how to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi!  We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

tarawmcginn
Apprentice

This doesn’t work for me. My printer was connected to the WiFi not plugged. I turned off my router and it still is continually power cycling when plugged in

you have to turn off all network to break the cycling - turn it back on after you change the settings

did you change the settings before putting network back on?

siwasa
Contributor

I woke up in the night to my MX 490 doing exactly what is explained here.  Confused about the solution, as several are indicating what is listed is work around versus Canon actually fixing the problem.

use work around for now.............canon says they are working on permanent fix.....we don't yet know what that will mean

Funny that as they obviously created the problem, it's China all over again. Maybe they should have better info before "fixing" what isn't broken..

Cherileed
Contributor

I can’t get it to stop recycling. I’ve tried everything! Can anyone please help?

Also have spent an exorbitant amount of time trying to contact Canon tech support…. To no avail!

I had to hold for an hour and a half-but did eventually get thru

RR3
Apprentice

I am having the same issue with my cannon pixma M490, it keeps cycling. I don't have my printer connected to wifi, I use an HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the printer. Can someone please help me to solve this issue? I need it for my small business!

Thank you!

Announcements