cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 490 continuous power cycling .

jperez739
Contributor

My Canon MX490 AIO printer started to power cycle with only the Canon logo showing on the printer display. The printer will move the ink cartridges then the rollers will move and click then shut off then turn back on and start the same cycle again. This will happen while it's plugged in. Any suggestions how to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi!  We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

you have to turn all network off to break the cycling schedule-turn it back on after you have made the settings changes

Sue52
Contributor

I have the exact same problem and same printer.  I tried to call Canon but was unable to talk to a real person!

tater_t0t
Apprentice

The work around sounds far too involved for something theyve caused. I understand how to do it, and will try if this goes on for too much longer. However, I think they should be resolving this for us. 

twinpine25
Apprentice

I've found this community thread helpful, in that I now know I'm not alone.  My MX490 started doing this on May 31, late at night/early morning.  Been trying a variety of offered suggestions, but still have unworkable outcome.  Called one of the Customer Service nos. I found (800-652-2666) and got as far as stating my printer model.  At that point the telephone/computer told me that my printer is no longer covered for support and to log on to Canon-USA to sign up (pay) for support.  Yeah... not doing that for a problem that clearly seems systemic on Canon's side of the equation.  I'll keep my eyes out for anything of help from Canon, but I'm starting to investigate other brands of all-in-one printers.

Any luck with the jperez739 / italolima fix? I have a PIXMA MG 7520 printer, not an MX490,  but it did the job as a workaround for me and others.

i called the main sales line and when i got a human being explained that I had the big power cycling problem and they put me into the queue for support- had to wait there a long time- but got a person and no fees at all-worth the wait if you have already tried to do the fix on your own - the fix works- but if you need help to get thru it, and can get a humn being they will put your thru 

Screenshot_20220603-101543.png

Screenshot_20220603-153356.png

Technobricks
Contributor

The problem with being disconnected from the net is that it still connects through your PC either way and then you can't print from your PC.

Teamzoe
Apprentice

Sadly this fix does not work if your printer is only connected via WiFi.

Announcements