cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 459 says no paper following a paper jam. It has paper!! HELP!!

Dahogster
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX-459. After a one sheet paper jam, which was removed from the "feed" side. I reloaded paper, changed one ink cartridge and now every time I try to print it does not "see" the paper in the tray. HELP!!! I've tried turing the unit off and back on.  The only way I can get it to print is if I shove one sheet far into the printer by hand.

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Hi Dahogster!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at
http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Ramona
Authority

Hi Dahogster,

To try and get the paper to feed, please ensure that all paper has been removed from the printer by following the steps here. Once this has been done, performing a roller cleaning on the printer may help the printer feed the paper smoothly so it does not display the error that the paper is out.  To perform the roller cleaning, please follow the steps located here.  We recommend performing at least three roller cleanings.  If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements