cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP610 skipping alternative lines

ingleberry
Apprentice

Missing Lines.jpgHi

Ive had this printer a while and been through a couple of print heads and always managed to solve the issues

This time Ive been printing with no problems then the pgbk ink ran out so i replaced it first couple of prints fine then all of a sudden every print is missing alternative lines I printed the test print and ill upload PGBK fine the first blue missing every other line the next 2 blues perfect the first red same as the first blue then perfect then the yellow same as the first blue and first red

Tis is not a blockage issue 

Please help 

[Image rotated to show it right side up]

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ingleberry,

Please try cleaning the timing strip/encoder using the article below.  The article is for a different printer, but the steps are similar:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142447

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi

Thanx for the reply I havent tried cleaning the strip yet because the new ink i bought ran out during the 100th deep clean lol

However when I checked the strip I did notice some ink splaters and spots on the right side so I will try to clean it in the next couple of days

I will let you know how I get On

Thanx so much for the advice

Kind regards

Matt

Hi again

I will say before I try this that the image i uploaded is on its side [We've corrected it!]

the lines missing are horizontal the solution you have suggested seems like it might solve an issue if the missing lines were verticle but I will give it a try but please if there is a simiar solution for this let me know

Kind regards

Matt

Hello.

You would normally perform cleanings or deep cleanings in the maintenance menu to try and clear up the horizontal lines that are appearing.  If the issue still persists after cleanings have been done, please check your local listings for any repair shops in your area that might be able to examine the unit.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi

Ive tried cleans, deep cleans head alignment it is obviously not a blockage as the missing line are too regular this has to be a software or firmware issue probly because i am refilling cartridges and canon dosent like people doing that 

Take a look at the image those missing lines are not random

Hi,
I have tried this "fix" with no luck. I am still getting the same lines as pictured above. I have all new cartridges installed. They are a re manufactured cartridge purchased through our biggest stationary supplier in Australia. How do I fix this??
Thanks
Announcements