cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator and High Sierra

Mike12
Contributor

After installing macOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra) MP Navigator EX 4.0 has ceased to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Mark.  In the elegance stakes, that solution scores zero, I'm afraid!  Fortunately, by updating MP Navigator to v4.0.5 and reinstalling the IJ Network Tool in its latest version, all problems with my MG 6150 have been overcome.  Took me a couple of hours to sort that out and I would have hoped for an auto-update from Canon, to be honest, but the job's done, thankfully.  Hopefully this might help other sufferers.

View solution in original post

243 REPLIES 243

3.1.5 is the version I use on my Mac OS High Sierra. Go back a couple of pages and look for my instructions on finding it on their website. I installed it on my Mac and it has worked fine ever since.

@waltgoede wrote:

I have made numerous responces to this thread and still have no luck in getting my MX 870 to work. Before upgrading to High Sierra MP Navigator 3.1.4 worked fine. Since the upgrade I have tried several versions of MP Nav 4 and Nav 5 as well as trying to download 3.1.5 that several responders have said worked.  3.1.5 is listed for Window only. I can't find a 3.1.5 for Mac and when I try to download the windows version it won't download.

So for me at least the problem still exists and Canon seems to not care. I have sworn off all Canon products as a result. I can get a new printer with less expensive ink from other suppliers. Canon  [Removed offensive language per Forum Guidelines. Please remember, if violations to these rules are severe, or they continue after warnings, a user's privileges to the Forum may be suspended for any length of time, up to and including a permanent ban, at the sole discretion of Canon USA.]

Here you can find the link to version 3.1.5 for Mac (Next time, first read back in this post to find this link, in stead of getting angry) Suc6.

Thanks McFountain  

The link finally got me to a place I could download the S/W for MP Nav 3.1.5 for Mac.  Previopus posts did not make it clear that this was the function of the link.

It worked for my MX 870.  Be sure to delete the old version of MP NAV before loading the new one. They also don't tell you this!  Again  the link is:

http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/0200328215.html

It is still amazing that so many people are complaing about this and the Canon support pages I went to for looking for new version of MP NAV did not list this link as the source or allow 3.1.5 download. Canon product support is still poor in not making it clear to each one of the over 100 people on this web support page what to do. For example when you search the web for where to find MP NAV SW you get: [link removed per forum guidelines]   Here they do not list 3.1.5 for MAC as a possibility. If Canon fixed this and other web searches for where to get the latest SW they wouldn't have so many frustrated users.

Thanks McFountain
It worked for me too.
I have a scanner that would not work at High Sierra.
The scanner is old but works great, it is a CanoScan 9000F.

I can now use it again!

A month ago I bought a Canoscan 9000F Mark II and indeed, it's a very good scanner, even for diapositives or negatives. It would be strange that Canon wouldn't support a scanner that I bought a month ago.
The problem here is the software MP Navigator X that causes problems under High Sierra. Strange that we have to go back to an earlier system to get this program work.
There is also a twain driver which allows you to scan from within Photoshop, Acrobat and other twain-compatible apps. This way of use don't give any problem.

I also have an MX882 and tried installing earlier versions of MP Navigator EX without success, because I coudn't find any earlier version that was compatible with MX882.

I did manage to restore my ability to scan from my computer over wifi (recently upgraded to MacOS High Sierra) as follows:

1. System Preferences > Printers & Scanners

2. Added a new printer definition (+ sign, lower left), selected my printer, and then selected the row where Kind = "Bonjour Multifunction" (not the row where Kind = "Canon IJ Network"). This is a one-time only setup.

3. To scan, I go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, and select the printer definition from Step 2.

4. Click on the Scan tab, then Click on Open Scanner..

5. Click on Show Details. Here you have options for controlling scan mode (flatbed vs. document feeder), color vs. black and white scanning, scan resolution, scan size (e.g., US letter), orientation, scan output directory, scan output file name, scan format (e.g., PDF), image correction (contrast), and whether you want to combine all scans together into a single output file.

6. Hit Scan, and away you go.

This does just about everything that I was using MP Navigator EX for.

That worked for me also. I still prefer having the Navigator app versus all the steps it takes just to scan a document. A real shame that Canon can not/will not support Mac devices and computers. I have written support and got the standard "we will reply in 8-12 hours". Two days later and still no response.

I am heading over to a competitor that has better support and keeps products updated with operating systems. Sorry Canon, I like your printers but your support is lousy.

After speaking with a sales rep at Canon I have decided that maybe it's time to upgrade from my Pixma MX 882. There is just a lot of new printer technology out there that I would like to have and is missing on older models. Looked at several features of newer models and especially support for High Sierra. It's a struggle between several options, both from Canon and other manufacturers. Guess I just have to make a pros and cons list of each.

Hi there,
When I try to do this the only thing that comes up in 'Kind" is USB Multifunction. Any tips please?!

chalkvox
Apprentice

It's now 7:25pm ET on Friday, Jan 5th.  Your phone support said you are closed.

I have a Pixma MX420.  I use the MP Navigator to scan and it is not connecting since I "upgraded" my Mac OS to High Sierra.

I have v EX 4.1 installed.  I see no options to update or upgrade it.  There is nothing in the App store.

It is attached via my network.  It prints just fine.

What do I install to continue to scan?

Announcements