I can't seem to get my MG7720 to scan. It's on a wireless network, and printing works fine, but my computer/network can't seem to find the scanner. I've tried to use the IJ Scan Utility in the Canon Utilities folder but again with no success. I've got a Mac running El Capitain 10.11.6, and I've downloaded the latest firmware.
Please try reinstalling your PIXMA MG7720. To uninstall your PIXMA MG7720, please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner and then System Preferences.
2. Click on Printers and Scanners.
3. Click once on the PIXMA MG7720 and click the "-" button at the bottom of the list.
4. Repeat until all are removed from the list.
Once done, please follow these steps to reinstall:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://www.usa.canon.com/support
2. Type PIXMA MG7720 in the "Enter a Model" box and click GO.
3. Under Drivers, please click the Select button next to the MG7700 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X).
4. Click on the Download button. The file will be downloaded.
5. Please open the Downloads folder.
6. Double click [mac-mg7700-1_1-mcd.dmg]. A new disk image will be created.
7. Doiuble click the new disk image to begin the installation process.
To view the wireless installation process, please use the following link:
Once reinstalled, please attempt to scan.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM