cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7720 won't print black.

emer
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MG7720 which won't print black. I did as much maintenece and tests and cartridge replacing I can think of. It won't priny no mater how I try:Scanning; copying; direct from computer...Nothing. I can't find any answers on line and local alleged "repair" places suggest I throw it away and buy new. One of the stupidest things I've heard of but seems to be the way now. Thow away society. Please help with a real soultion that isn't "give up".

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

HI emer,

Please take out the PGI-270 Black ink cartridge and reply with all the information you see on the label( ink number, where it was made, etc).

We look forward to your reply.

Canon
CLI-271XL
<BK>
Ink Tank

Black

Made in Japan

I just noticed that I also have here the same but not XL. Not in the printer, but an unused cartrIdge that I bought along with all other colors. Is there a difference between the CLI-271 and the CLI-271XL?

Apparently it doesn't make a difference. I just decided to switch cartridges as a test. At first the printer said it did not recognize the CLI-271 but I ignored that and tried printing. I did not get the "does not recognize" message but still got a blank page back.

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever find a fix?

Announcements