cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7720 print is blurred

ka6uup
Contributor

The characters are blurred. When viewed with a magnifier there are double characters offset slightly.

I have tried alligning the print heads with no success. There is reference to aligning the heads manually but I could not figure out how to do this. And don't even know it this is the problem.

What could be causing this?

I can provide a copy of a document if needed.

Thanks chuck

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greeting Chuck,

Not trying to be funny, but the manual has steps for performing maintenance, including aligning the print head.  This is indicated based off of your description.

MG7720 Manual

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yeah I have gone through the the head alignment thoroughly. It did no good. the problem still exists.

is there a way to attach a sample of the problem?

I found an instruction on cleaning the Encoder Film. I have done this several times today and as far as I can tell it is clean.

When I print the "nozzle check pattern" the PGBK header shows double letters and the vertical grid pattern lines seperate into double lines in the middle of the grid

Chuck

Hi ka6uup,

I recommend cleaning the encoder strip one more time. The strip can look clean sometimes but there may be some remaining ink on it that will cause the double print.

If that does not resolve the issue the printer would need to be replaced. If the printer is still in it's 1 year warranty from purchase date and you have a copy of the paper or online receipt, please contact our support group at  1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

printrunr
Apprentice

How did you make out with this issue?

I'm having the same issue before and after replacing all of my ink cartridges.  I've ran every test and cleaning option.  Color seems to be printing fine.  It doesn't seem like a "dirty anything" because it is a very consistant every three lines.  This seems more like a firmware or driver issue; of which I've updated both to the latest.  This is similar to what happened to my mg6xxx.  This will probably be my last Canon given that a set of ink costs almost twice as much as a similar quality Epson set at $100.  I run a printer test sheet every week.  I don't print enough to get into larger tanks. 😞

PXL_20201226_140629147sm.jpg

Marymary415
Apprentice

Did you figure it out? I read through the manual, did the auto then manual adjustments, cleaned every setting and still printing blurred. 
some rows look fine and others doubled blurred. 

image.jpg

Announcements