cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 will not stay on

Englishguy24601
Apprentice

My cannon MG7520 printer will turn on and start to go through its normal routine, but then unexpectedly turns off. The power cord has been checked, unplugged and replugged. Same result. Looking for other solutions if there are any.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

94 REPLIES 94

Hi Rich,

We tried a similar approach; unplug wi-fi, turn on printer, use USB cable to connect to laptop, printer worked normally.  Like you, when we turned the wi-fi back on, the printer stayed on.  However, when we unplugged the USB cable the printer did not respond to a print command.  The printer now works but only with a hard wire connection to the laptop.

Well, I tried your suggestion and it worked up until I tried to print something and then it was a no go.  It turned off again. I'm feeling sick....  I just bought new ink.

I tried this too and it worked yesterday. Sadly it doesn’t work today. I’m out looking at Epson and HP printers. This is unacceptable on Canon’s part. 

jmmarzec
Apprentice

Same printer MG7520; same issue!  Why are we all having the same issue on the same day?  

Here's something we found.  With the wi-fi turned off, we were able to get the printer to work (as others have said) but while the router was unplugged, the blue icon on the printer was lit up.  I used the screen on the printer and tried to connect to wi-fi.  I entered the password and the printer said it was connected to the wi-fi which was still turned off!  Could it be a wi-fi issue/conflict and not a printer issue?  We use Frontier as our wi-fi provider.   

Come on Canon, give us some help here!

craftyme
Contributor

Me too!  I just used the printer a couple of days ago with no problem!!  Today it won't turn on!  I just bought new ink!  Feeling sick.....

chris12341
Apprentice

Exact same thing, happened today cannot turn it on.  Occasionally it gets to the stage where the LCD is on but then freezes.  Hope canon fixes this

dkrprint
Apprentice

OK!  Mine is working. MG7520. The workaround submitted by xxVOXxx, above, worked for me.  Basically, you should disable the LAN (WiFi) in the printer set-up page and use a USB printer cable. Thanks xxVOXxx!!

Contributor

In addition to the temp fix by xxVOXxx, this also worked for me. If you have a button disconnect from the internet on your router or easy cord access, temporary disconnecting from the internet from your modem works too:

I just tried a test that disconnected from the internet but kept my router on. If you want to try  it for yourself, your router my have internet button or disconnect your modem by either powering it off or unhooking the cable to the router depending on your configuration. Anyway, without have a “live” internet connection, the printer worked without issue. I turned it off and printed from my phone again without issue. As soon as I re-connected to the internet it stopped working. Something is communicating with this printer causing it to freeze and shut down. I assume it’s coming from Canon but at this point I would be guessing. Give it a try!

moviechick
Apprentice

I tried the workaround with the wifi. If the router is unplugged the printer seems normal - although doesn't work. The moment I plugged the router back in and it got online the on/off endless cycle started. This has to be a wifi issue and I Hope the publish a fix asap, as I too just bought new ink and it's ridiculous all of our printers are suddenly bricked.

tempestsystems
Apprentice

Hi. I have the same issue, started on 5/31.  I do NOT use Wifi but connect my MG7520 via a wired ethernet LAN.  WiFi is disabled.  So the issue has nothing to do with how you are connected to the internet (wired or wireless). Same problem as everyone else.   Works fine when LAN cable is disconnected. As soon as I plug in the LAN capable, it powers down within 30-45 seconds.  Hope Canon fixes this asap. 

Announcements