cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 will not stay on

Englishguy24601
Apprentice

My cannon MG7520 printer will turn on and start to go through its normal routine, but then unexpectedly turns off. The power cord has been checked, unplugged and replugged. Same result. Looking for other solutions if there are any.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

94 REPLIES 94

Whoa. Yes, same 5150.

My MG7520 is set up to do network printing over wifi. If I have router on/ wifi connected, printer shuts down as discussed above.

If I turn off wifi/ router, printer boots up normally. I used the 'copy' function on the printer, and a copy was printed as expected.

So there's an issue just when connecting to network.

DebSchrader
Apprentice

I’m having the same problem today. I’ve tried unplugging the printer and turning it back on but the same thing happens. Has anyone figured out what is going on?

Adventurejenny
Apprentice

I am having the exact same problem with my printer. Mine is the PIXMA MX492. It turns on and starts doing it's thing and shuts off in about 10-15 seconds. Then it turns on again by itself in about the same amount of time. Over and over again. I finally just unplugged it so it would stop driving me crazy! 

I'm having the same problem on a PIXMA MX492 today, 5-31-2022.  Does anyone know if Canon reads these and gets back to customers who post to let us know a problem is resolved? 

Glad I'm not alone with this issue, but this is for the birds

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on your description, I would recommend contacting our phone support team for additional assistance. They can be reached by logging into your My Canon Account and going to your support options.

To create a Canon account, please click HERE to for the Canon Account page. 

If your printer is outside of it's 1 year factory warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your reply Arthur.

I have to ask because I’ve had no configuration changes or firmware update to my router in months. Also the firmware for the printer hasn’t had an update in years to my recollection—none available. Does Canon brick devices that have reached a certain point in EOL? I have no desire to upgrade a perfectly functioning printer to a newer model just for the sake of upgrading. My MG7520 isn’t a workhorse by any means but has performed near flawlessly for me up to this point. I guess what I’m asking is there any point in contacting Canon if they are just going to ignore the problem? Sorry for sounding ungrateful but I don’t want to waste more time and energy than I already have.

I called Canon Support at 1-800-652-2666 as told on Canon Support page. After putting in my phone number, it said that my MG7520 no longer can get support since it has been over a year since purchase. It costs $19.99 to get support. 

All the people on this forum having the exact problem on the exact date can not be a coincidence! I turned off my Wi-Fi and the printer worked. But after turning the Wi-Fi back on, the printer shut off. Come on Canon and figure this out, please!

RickKennedy
Apprentice

My MG7520 will turn on when I power it up, the touch screen flashes then shows "Canon" and then the printer shuts down. Reading the comments above, it is clear that I am not alone - and all of us on 5/31/22. This can not be a coincidence. BTW, in the past when I turned the printer on I the icon for wifi connection would light, too; but not today. Anyhow, I have not added hardware in years, nor reconfigured (still Windows 7), if that helps.

Mine is doing the same. I'm at a loss what to do to correct it and SO FRUSTRATED.  I will never buy a Canon printer again!

moviechick
Apprentice

I am having this exact same problem beginning today - 5/31 on my Pixma MX492. It has worked without issue. Is this a specific cyber attack towards these older models?

Announcements