cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6250 not printing black even after cleaning the printhead

dega
Apprentice

Hi,

I think that I have had this problem for years. My MG6250 was in the storage for couple of years, but now I took it back in the use, and I have the problem with printing the black ink. While cleaning the printhead, I noticed something. For the other colors, the printhead surface seems to be a bit rough, but for this problematic black color, the printhead surface is completely smooth. Also, when I touch the printhead with a piece of paper, all the other colors leave a color mark to the paper, but the black one, the smooth one, doesn't leave any mark to the paper. Is this normal? Is my printhead missing some piece? I'll also attach a photo here, maybe to explain better the problem.

MG6250 printhead

Maybe it can also be seen in the photo, that the biggest printhead, which is the not working black one, seems to be more shiny than the other ones.

What can I do? Is this normal? Do I need to buy a new printhead, would that solve the problem?

Thanks a lot for all the answers already beforehand!

1 REPLY 1

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the commmunity is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Announcements