cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6250 not printing black even after cleaning the printhead

dega
Apprentice

Hi,

I think that I have had this problem for years. My MG6250 was in the storage for couple of years, but now I took it back in the use, and I have the problem with printing the black ink. While cleaning the printhead, I noticed something. For the other colors, the printhead surface seems to be a bit rough, but for this problematic black color, the printhead surface is completely smooth. Also, when I touch the printhead with a piece of paper, all the other colors leave a color mark to the paper, but the black one, the smooth one, doesn't leave any mark to the paper. Is this normal? Is my printhead missing some piece? I'll also attach a photo here, maybe to explain better the problem.

MG6250 printhead

Maybe it can also be seen in the photo, that the biggest printhead, which is the not working black one, seems to be more shiny than the other ones.

What can I do? Is this normal? Do I need to buy a new printhead, would that solve the problem?

Thanks a lot for all the answers already beforehand!

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the commmunity is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

dega
Apprentice

For information to anyone with the same problem: eventually I ordered a new printhead from Ebay, I think it was shipped from PRC to me in Finland, so it took some time to get it, but the cost was not huge: it cost a bit less than 40 USD, including shipping and sales tax. When I got the printhead, it was easy for me to replace the old printhead with the new one. I did this already some time ago, so I don't remember exactly how it went, but iirc, when I installed the new printhead, the printer did something for couple of minutes, before it was ready to be used. And, after that, luckily my problem was solved, so the new printhead indeed seems to have fixed my problem! So, now the big black ink cartridge is working again.

So, like I already wrote, if you have similar problem as I had, it's possible to fix by yourself, when you just buy a new printhead.

Oh, and btw. The only reply I got to my message here was from moderator stating that this forum is Canon USA and they can't help me, because I'm not residing in USA, and I should contact my local Canon support. Well, I really did contact Canon Finland support. Unfortunately they don't have a nice forum like this, so I was just able to e-mail them, and their reply was pretty useless to me: they just told me that I have obsolete printer, to which they don't have any spare parts anymore, so I should just buy a new Canon printer. They gave me (or offered at least) a 20 % discount coupon to buy a new Canon printer. I'm happy I didn't value that answer too much, but instead decided to try if I was able to fix the printer myself. This fix was so easy, simple and cheap, that I think that it would have been absolute waste of resources to buy a new printer, and consequently of course throw the old printer into trash. 

So, I really didn't come here to thank anyone, as I was able to solve the problem myself, but to give information to anyone with the same problem, that it's possible to fix it (regardless of what Canon might be saying).

Thank You.

Announcements