cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5720 updated driver for OS Catalina not working?

dougp20
Apprentice

Hi there longtime Canon customer I have a MG 5720 that was working fine until I upgraded my IMac desktop 21.5 OS from Yosemite to the newer Catalina OS and now my scanner utility driver will not work now seems to be a need for new drivers update for my MG5720 to get it to work again! Be greatful for any assistance with process/steps to properly fix this and links to driver updates would be greatly appreciated.Also tried to call Canon customer service and seems you need a 10 digit authorization code or something how/where do I get this so I can call them they never had this before guess Canon customer service is not what it used to be.Thank you in advance doug

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Upgrades like this are rarely seamless.  Expecially when significant change are made to the OS (as in this case with Apple) discontinuing 32bit software support.

Start by removing the printer and uninstalling all canon related softwre.  Restart.

Now perform a fresh install of the Catalina specific drivers.

You'll need the CUPS driver  (for printing) as well as the ICA driver (for scanning) for full support under 10.15.x 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Upgrades like this are rarely seamless.  Expecially when significant change are made to the OS (as in this case with Apple) discontinuing 32bit software support.

Start by removing the printer and uninstalling all canon related softwre.  Restart.

Now perform a fresh install of the Catalina specific drivers.

You'll need the CUPS driver  (for printing) as well as the ICA driver (for scanning) for full support under 10.15.x 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hey Thanks Rick for the info here,couple of questions  if I got this right just uninstall/ delete all existing Canon printer related utilities/ apps then shutdown and then restart Mac and download those drivers you have in the link here,do I need that 3rd optional driver as well that' I'm a little unclear of, my apologies for being a greenhorn on the computer here kinda hard to teach a old dog new tricks!Thanks again doug

Rick just want to say thanks again that did the trick really appreciate it! Hopefully it stays the way it's working with OS Catalina keeping my fingers crossed

Greetings,

Just the 2 I pointed out.  Anything else is optional.  

Glad I could help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements