cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5650 Orange alarm light on, not flashing, no error displayed.

Seiree
Apprentice

Hello, I would like to ask assistance with a problem my brand new MG5650 printer is having. I managed to correctly print a test page after setting it up and then followed the instructions to turn it off. The next day I tried printing something and the orange alarm light turned on when I pressed the power button.

The power button also stays on, but the LCD display doesn't turn on and it doesn't show any error. The printer doesn't make any powering up sounds either. 

I tried plugging it into all the different outlets in my house thinking that might be the problem to no avail. 

At one point it did turn on and I managed to print that one document, but now it's doing it again and I can't find anybody else with this error. 

I would aprieciate some help with it before returning it to the store.

Thank you.

27 REPLIES 27

Did you ever manage to find a solution to this?  Seems ridiculous that a printer can be redered useless just by the power going down.

Thanks JosBly, your method was the only one that worked for me having tried several other suggested power on/off combinations.

Works up until the point of where the orange button blinks.  As soon as I turn the printer on, it goes back to solid/constantly on.  Cannot turn printer off without unplugging.  So basically I bought a piece of garbage.  Will stick with HP from now on.

This only worked for me when in step 5, I pressed ON and STOP button at the same time. Orange light disappeared, then press ON again, printer is back to normal and working fine. 

so thank you! 

Seiree
Apprentice
Mine had less than ten uses too. As it was still in warranty I took it back to the store where I bought it from and they sent it to a Canon service center. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with it so they just replaced it with a new one. It's been working ever since and I haven't encountered any other problem. It's a great printer, I really hope you manage to find a solution.

Thanks for your quick answer Seiree, I have contacted with Canon Service Center, but their daily work is from Monday to Friday, so, I have to wait up for next monday in order to know the next steps that I have to take.

I will let you know about which is the solution.

Thank you!!

calvinwings
Apprentice
I have checked with the service center they cant fix it . Let me know if they find the problem

Seiree
Apprentice
Sorry to hear people are still experiencing this :(. Mine was replaced by Canon back when I opened this thread years ago and it has been working flawlessly ever since. Never got the error again. Best I can suggest is to contact Canon customer support or the store where you purchased the printer if it's still in warranty and hope they can replace yours as well.

engineerkeith
Apprentice

Alarm light ON, cannot switch the machine ON.  Plenty of paper, nothing jammed in the machine.  Does this mean I have buy another?

Announcements