cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5320 Won't Scan

alm260
Contributor

My Pixma MG5320 printer doesn't seem to want to scan. Didn't have this issue until yesterday. I have Microsoft Windows 10. When I press the scan button, I get the following message on the screen "Processing... Please wait momentarily" then nothing happens. It goes back to the main screen.  What caused this malfunction and how do I fix it?  Canon no longer offers support for this device.

7 REPLIES 7

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi alm260

So we can best assist you, we would need some more information to help narrow down this issue.

1. Is the printer connected wirelessly or with a usb cord?
  2. Did you computer run any updates?
  3. If you open View Devices and Printers from the control panel, how is your printer listed?

We look forward to your reply.

I have the same  problem with a  MG5220.  It seems Canon has failed to come up with the correct  scanner driver  software for the newest Winfows 10 updattes.. ARRG!!!!!!!!!

PeacockFeather, I think that's exactly the issue because this problem did not occur until just recently.

The printer is connected via USB cord (and I've attempted various USB ports and none of them have solved the issue).

My computer has the latest Windows updates.

From the control panel under Devices and Printers it says Computer MG5300 series Printer.

I walked through this issue with a Windows expert and they showed me how to scan from the Windows software.  But because I can't do it manually on the machine, they said this is a hardware issue.

Arthur, are you going to reply to my last message written 3 days ago?

Hi alm260,

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way. 

I asked that question so other forum members would know how your printer is setup to be able to assist you better.

Since no one else has responded I suggest you reinstall the printer. If you can print and not scan that means the scanner driver is not working.

Go into the control panel and the select View Devices and Printers. Right click on the printer and select remove device. Once it is removed, I recommend unplugging the usb cord. You can plug it back in when the message appears to plug it back in during the driver install.

Click HERE to open the support page for your MG5320 and download the MG5300 series MP Driver Ver. 1.0. Once last thing I suggest, it removing your MP Navigator and then downloading it again by clicking  on the software tab from the same page that has the printer driver.

The community is slow in responding and no one has helped but some have complained of the same problem.  Since you work for Canon, I expected a reply before 3 days.

I did figure out the issue finally.  The MP Navigator software was completely missing from my system.  I don't know if a Windows update would have knocked that out or not.  I have no other explanation for it but it's working now.

Announcements