I know this is an older printer/scanner. When I got a new Mac (Big Sur) the scanner EX software no longer worked, but I was still able to print. I tried numerous downloads from this site re drivers and updates and now I can no longer print or scan. The unit is in fine shape and I just bought ink - is there any way I can bring it back to life? Uninstall drivers and put in working ones, etc? Many thanks!
The PIXMA MG5320 is not supported with macOS v11 (Big Sur).
Although the PIXMA MG5320 is not supported, the PIXMA MG5302 is compatible with Airprint.
Please try these steps:
1. Press the HOME button on your PIXMA MG5320.
2. Press the up arrow one time and then press the button below Setup (with the wrench and screwdriver).
3. Press the left arrow one time to select Device Settings and press OK.
4. Use the down arrow to select LAN settings and press OK.
5. Use the down arrow to select Confirm LAN Settings and press OK.
6. Select WLAN setting list and press OK.
7. Scroll down the list approximately 6 lines to view "IP Address". Write down the IP address listed.
8. On your Mac, click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.
9. In System Preferences, click on Printers & Scanners.
10. If you see any Canon MG5300's listed on the left side, please click on it one time and then click [-] to remove it.
11. Repeat until all Canon MG5300's are removed.
12. Click the [+]. The Add Printer window will appear.
13. Click the middle icon at the top of the Add Printer window.
14. In the Address box, please type in the IP address that you wrote down previously.
15. In the Protocol drop down, please choose Airprint.
16. At the bottom, next to Use, please choose Airprint, unless MG5300 series is listed.
17. Click the Add button.
Were you able to re-add the printer? Are you able to print?