Granted this is a really old pixma printer but on my old laptop it was working fine for the little bits of printing that I need done. I have downloaded and installed multiple driver sets but nothing works. I always had it as a Pixma 2200, but no 2200 download will work, it cannot find the printer even though it is connected, hard wired. There is no model number that I can find on the machine, just serial number LWXC[xxxxx], and maybe model K10380.
Can anyone point me to the proper software/drivers for this machine?
[Serial number edited to protect privacy.]
Hi, riverpa! Based on the serial number and the information provided, it sounds like you've got the PIXMA MG2220, the US model from the PIXMA MG2200 series. You can download the official driver, the latest software, and everything you need for your PIXMA MG2220 for free from the Canon USA website. Just click HERE.
Hope this helps!
Thanks - this is one of the downloads that I have tried to install several times already - I downloaded and tried it again and still no luck. When connected, the printer makes some noises so I figure there is some communication going on, but still, the install package comes back and says it cannot connect to the printer. Is there any solution for this? This is a Dell Win 10 laptop, connected usb to usb. (Is is A to b? the squarish one in the printer to the flat one.)
So, I just pulled out an old laptop that I have not used to print on this printer for a couple of years, but it used to work. I was forced to download the new driver package and re-install it, and aftr that, again, the message comes back "Cannot detect the printer". This is from a laptop that used to interface with this printer, no problem. So there is something wrong with your driver package. I find it hard to believe that something is wrong with two of my laptops, one of which used to function with this printer without any problems. I last used this printer a few weeks or months ago. Now, because of the driver changes, it appears to be a brick. Same cords, same network (re-booted, not that it is an issue since this is hard wired), sitting int he same place. Just no va,
The Canon download didn't work but Windows did a search for drivers and came up with something that worked. The search took a while, came back and said it could not complete the search, but the window got populated with a list of printers and the MG series was the final one on the list. I downloaded it, installed, and it worked. Too bad Canon cannot supply a proper driver package for their website. Hopefully I can get Windows to do the same search on the newer laptop so I can use the printer again, but this urgent printing need is finally taken care of.
If you connect the USB cable before installing the driver from our web site, Windows will attempt to install a driver, which causes this issue. Reinstalling will resolve this issue.
To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon MG2200 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG2200's are removed.
5. Disconnect the USB cable.
6. Click Close to close that window.
7. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
8. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
9. Click once on "Canon MG2200 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
10. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
11. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "MG2200 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "mp68-win-mg2200-1_01-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted by the installation.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.