cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5220 won't print from computer in black and white only with PGBK/225BK

frovie
Apprentice

I have a unit that I've reinstalled the driver on, have properly connected to the wireless LAN, have run the maintenance on, and can confirm that the device can print in black and white and can received print prompts from the computer.

After doing all the cleanings in setting, it prints some allignment page and the only one that shows up is the gridwork for PGBK.  That's the only slot that has an active/full ink cartridge.  I can also confirm through reinstalling the driver and printing a test page, it will print a sheet a paper with all that test page info on it.

I am trying to print a black and white outline (coloring page) and it will receive the "printing from PC" notice and start to "print".  However, nothing comes out.  Not if I print it from the image viewed, not from Print3D, not if I copy/paste it into Open Office Writer.  I typed a test document and hit print and nothing.  However, if I go into the Printer Properties and "print test page", works perfectly.

None of these are color prints, but I still have everything set to grayscale and monochrome.  So the device can actually print, can receive a prompt from PC to print, but just not using PGBK only.  All I ever want to do is print in black only.

Print processor: Canon MG5200 series print processor

OS en: Windows (10) x64

Driver Name: Canon MG5200 series Printer

Driver Type: Type 3 - User Mode

Driver Version: 2.56.2.10

"you have correctlyg installed you Canon MG5200 series Printer on DESKTOP-RKRTS3V"

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What is your paper type setting?

Anything but plain will use all colors to print "black"

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements