cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5220 Won''tscan

PeacockFeather
Contributor

After aout a year of non-scanning I can't  get it to scan, although it prints fine. I downloaded the latest drivers 5.1 but  when I try install I get a pop up saying the MG 5220 can't be used for this download. Is there some place I can go to get the correct drivers for this model ???

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello again,

You will need to have MP Navigator EX Ver. 4.03. Thet is the version for Windows 10 and the MG5220. Please remove both 5.0 and 5.1 and then click the link below, select the software tab and then download and install Ver. 4.03 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...

View solution in original post

Bingo! This worked for me .Thanks ArthurJ .

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PeacockFeather,

So we can best assist you, please let us know what version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer? 

We look forward to your reply.

Windows 10

Hi PeacockFeather,

Please make sure you are downloading the driver from HERE and you are installing the MG5500 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02.

Once the file is downloaded and the installer has been run, please open IJ Scan Utility again and try to scan. If there is any type of error (ex 2,157,50), I recommend contacting Windows to have them check your security software and firewall.

I have seen firewall and security programs block the scanning driver of the printer and produce this error. They can create an exception in the security to allow the driver and program to be used.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I ran this download from the pages you showed. Same problem. When I try to unload the driver I get a pop up that says:

Cannot load the MP Navigator EX.

The supported model of this software is as follows.  Check  to see if your product model is listed.

Then it gives a list. Nothing is listed for my product. So, now what???

Hi PeacockFeather,

Sorry about that, I sent the wrong link. You will want to click HERE to open the support page for the MG5220. From here you can download the MG5200 series MP Driver Ver. 1.05.

Does the pop up saying the MG 5220 can't be used for this download appear again?

Yep.  I downloaded the driver on the 2nd page you gave. I now have two navigator showing, 5.0 and 5.1.  When I try to open, I Iget  another pop-up with the same laguage , b ut a few of tlhe  model numbers are differenmt, but no MG5220

Hello again,

You will need to have MP Navigator EX Ver. 4.03. Thet is the version for Windows 10 and the MG5220. Please remove both 5.0 and 5.1 and then click the link below, select the software tab and then download and install Ver. 4.03 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...

Bingo! This worked for me .Thanks ArthurJ .

Announcements