cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3660 Scanner doesn't work.

DiK
Apprentice

My MG3660 Scanner doesn't work. I keep getting 2 messages (1) "Scanning..................Scanner is warming up. Do not open the document cover". Then after ages the next message comes up (2) "The Scanner is not available while in use by another application or user" however I am the ONLY user of this computer and printer.
What I have done to resolve the issue is (a) turned the scanner off (b) unplugged from the power (c) put the cable in another port (d) read the other users forum suggestions - which do not help me as they refer to Mac and I am Windows 10 Pro x64 (e) pulled my hair out.
Can you please advise what I can do to fix this problem asap - it seems to be an issue with this model.

I need step by step instructions as I am not very computer savy.

ALSO - Just to advise that the Model Drop Down Menu does not have MG3660 listed, how do you get CANON to add for selection when a owner requires information on this model?

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DiK,

The PIXMA MG3660 is not supported by Canon USA.  This model is supported by Canon Australia.  To contact Canon Australia, please use the following link:

http://www.canon.com.au/About-Canon/Contact

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ed2021
Apprentice

Hi

This happened to my Canon MG3660 Printer and scanner. Message kept saying, "scanner warmimg up" etc - but nothing happened. It wouldn't scan.

Eventually, I restarted the laptop and that fixed it.

Computing beginners, please see instructions below.

In windows, at very bottom left of the screen, right click on the four squares symbol. Then, second from the bottom on the menu, click on "Shut down or Sign out".

The options then are Sign Out, Sleep, Shut Down or Restart.

Click on Restart.

Allow the process to complete and sign in again.

Hopefully, all is then fixed.

Announcements