cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 Three Blinking Lights

rlc5992
Apprentice

Two weeks ago, I added new cartridges to the printer and everything worked fine. Today, I went to print and an error message appeared saying the printer was in use. The cl, bl and error lights were all blinking simultaneously 5 times in a row. I have restarted, deleted and re-added the printer to my Mac, and unplugged. Nothing seems to reset the printer. I can't find what is wrong with it. There are not paper jams and it has brand new ink. I don't know what else to do. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rlc5992,

The error that you are experiencing is being caused by the ink cartridges.

Please open the cover to your printer and remove both ink cartridges.

Please make sure that the ink cartridges that you are using are genuine Canon ink cartridges and are also compatible with your PIXMA MG3620.  The following ink cartridges are compatible with your printer:PG-240, PG-240XL, PG-240XXL, CL-241 and CL-241XL.

If you are using the correct ink, please verify that the orange tape has been removed from each ink cartridge.

Once complete, please reinsert the ink cartridges, the color on the left and the black on the right.

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/MG3600%20series/EN/BG/bg-ink1000.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements