cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 Print Head Alignment gone WHACKY!

williemyers
Apprentice

hi all! first time here....

my two-yr. old Pixma MG3620 has been doing a fine job printing mostly correspondence (black), and the occasional photo. but lately (after a cartridge change), I noticed the black print getting a little blurry and "slanted" (almost like italics). I tried cldeaning, deep cleaning and - eventually - manual print head alignment.

The result has really messed up the printing - all text blurry & slanted. I've tried to re-align and I've tried to Factyory Reset. No luck.

Printer's pretty useless now, any/all suggestions hugely appreciated?

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, williemyers!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

rra_78
Contributor

MG3600- 18 mos.old, used 6 mos.  I've performed the auto alignment, manual alignment and cleaning of the tape.  I've done each of these steps many times.  Yet, the alignment is still off.  Nothing has worked.  Next step would ordinarily be to send the unit back for repair  (I'm sure at a cost to me); which I will not do.  What I will also NOT do is purchase another Canon printer again.  EVER!  They are simply poorly made machines. 

Announcements