cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reinstall software

DaTh
Contributor

I inadvertantly deleted Canon Pixma MG7520 from new MacMini M1 computer. How do I get it back?

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If all you did was remove the printer by selecting the "-" icon in System Preferences->Printers & Scanners just select the "+" icon to reinstall.

You can also download the software here: Support | MG Series - Inkjet | PIXMA MG7520 | Canon USA.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Sorry for the long delay in replying to your answer to my query.  I don't see the correct drivers for my computer.  I have the new Apple M1 Monterey OS.  There are no drivers listed for the version.  Is there a work around?

1. did the printer work on your M1 computer before it got deleted?

2. If so, did you migrate your Mac setup from a previous computer to the M1 device?

3. If so, download the printer driver for the previous OS and install it.

4. If 1 & 2 are not "yes" then just try adding the printer in Monterey and see if Apple has a built-in driver. It does for many printers.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1.  No

2. ---

3. ---

4. OK.  I'll give it a try

Sorry for the long delay in answering again.  I'm having several health issues all happening at once.  So I tried #4 and got an answer that Apple doesn't have a driver for this printer.  And I need to contact Canon for correct Driver.  I can't seem to talk to a live person, and Chat doesn't seem to understand my simple questions.  I have a brand new computer and OS (Apple Monterey OS w/M1 chip) and the printer (Canon Pixma MG 7520) is probably 7-8 years old.  Has been working fine, until I changed computers.  The problem for me (I think) is finding the right Driver for the printer.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You could try downloading and installing the Catalina driver, but I suspect the combination of Monterey plus the M1 chip may have obsoleted your printer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

OH, NOOOOOOO.  Not something I wanted to hear.  I'll try contacting Apple support again next week and see if they can recommend a work around, or at least direct me to a new compatible printer.  And I've got all these new ink jet cartridges that are now also obsolete.  This is soooooooo frustrating.  

Announcements