cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 - Change Router Settings

pjsews
Apprentice

This printer has been so difficult in trying to figure out how to change the router settings on the printer so that it can recognize the devices I use to print from.  I have a windows laptop and an apple ipad.  Yesterday spent the day with verizon installing the new router.  Asked them about the printer and the tech googled how to change the wifi settings and we went through a series of pushing buttons on the printer, hit the wifi button until it flashes, hit the color button, hit the wifi button, then...wtf?  Well, obviously you know how that turned out.  I gave up and told myself I'd go through the Canon initial setup instruction and find it there tomorrow morning.  Well, it was tomorrow morning @ 6am (now, it is an hour later), and there is nothing ANYWHERE that I can find that is telling me how to reconnect the printer to the laptop.  I found the series of buttons I need to hit on the printer, but where are the settings on the laptop for me to change the wifi password allowing the printer to recognize the new router?  I'm betwixed.  I'm assuming this may be the same situation for the ipad, but I did see there is an app out there for the ipad that I could download that may be helpful, but I haven't gotten that far yet.  Still working on the laptop.  HELP!

1 REPLY 1

pjsews
Apprentice

I ended up figuring this out.  I did end up finding the startup disk and ran that to "connect to the wifi".  Took me a few minutes for the program to detect the printer as I had to run through the series of pushing buttons and it kept not detecting the printer.  Don't know how many times I ran through the process, but I also did not know what the WPS button was on the router as the new router is not labeled and I did not realize i had one.  The trick with the last run through was that I had to hold down the router WPS button down (on the verizon G3100 router it is the large round button on the front of the router) for longer than 3 seconds.  Anyhow - the program setup DVD that came through the printer ended up helping me get connected to the printer.  Now on to the ipad.  I certainly hope this one is easier.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements