I have a MG3100. Has been print just fine. When I copy - its copies just fine. When I print something - most of the page will print just fine and sections of it the lines are wavy, don't connect or just difficult to read.
Had my computer worked on recently and they had to delete everything to repair virus. Can't find my disc
to reenter software and I just don't know how to fix this problem.
Based on your description of the issue, the Encoder Film inside the printer may be smeared. Please follow the procedures below to check the film condition, and clean it when necessary:
1. Press the power button to turn your PIXMA MG3120 off.
2. Unplug the power cord from the printer. Be sure to turn off the printer power and unplug the power cord first.
3. Open the Paper Output Cover.
4. Check if the Encoder Film inside the printer is clear. The Encoder Film is the transparent thin film. Please view the image at the bottom of this post for further detail.
5. If the Encoder Film is smeared as shown in the image, it needs to be cleaned.
6. Place a few drops of neutral detergent (2 to 3 drops of neutral detergent in 1/4 cup of tap water) on a cotton swab with water. CAUTION: Do not use any other detergents.
7. Moisten a cotton swab with the prepared cleaning water. Eliminate extra water so that no water drops.
8. Using the moistened cotton swab, wipe the Encoder Film. CAUTION: Be cautious so that no water drops inside the printer.
CAUTION: Do not contact the rail. If the rail is contacted, the print quality may be deteriorated. The Encoder Film is fixed to the printer with the springs at the ends. If the film is pushed too strong, it may be dislocated. Do not push the film. Just gently move the cotton swab over the surface of the film.
Also, please keep your hands off the printer and clean the film with the tip of the cotton swab. Change the cotton swab to new ones frequently.
9. Eliminate any stains or smearing from the film until the entire film becomes transparent and clear.
10. If the trail of detergent is left on the film, clean it using a cotton swab that is moistened with just water. If moisture is left on the film, eliminate it using a dry cotton swab, and wait until the film dries well.
11. Close the Paper Output Cover, and plug in the power cord of the printer.
12. Press the power button to turn your PIXMA MG3120 on.
13. Please print a test page.
14. If the problem persists, check and clean the Encoder Film again.
If the print quality is still not improved even after repeated cleaning of the Encoder Film, please contact our support group using the following link:
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.