cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3022 Printer Heads Won't Align

dascalargo
Apprentice

It's clear from my printouts that the black and color heads are not lined up. The blank ink prints slightly above the colored ink.

I have tried aligning the print heads, both automatically and manually, multiple times.

On the Print Alignment Value report, everything looks fine, except for pattern E. The two sets of vertical lines, one set presumably printed by each cartridge, are pretty much alternating, rather than one on top of the other. When I attempt the manual alignment, that pattern is at -5 and is the best of the options. Everything above that is even further off.

If I print using only the black ink cartridge OR using only the color ink cartridge, the printout looks fine. It's only when I use both black and color that I have the problem.

I have tried to clean the encoder/timing strip multiple times.

Is there anything else I can try or am I going to go shopping for a new printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dascalargo,

If cleaning  the timing strip and performing an alignment does not resolve this issue, your PIXMA MG3022 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This is a user supported forum. Try giving Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dascalargo,

If cleaning  the timing strip and performing an alignment does not resolve this issue, your PIXMA MG3022 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

dascalargo
Apprentice

Thank you, Patrick. I'll consider that.

Marking as solved.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements