cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2522 print alignment problem

PV2
Apprentice

I changed the color cartridge and then I printed out a picture just fine which message said I could do. Then a link was provided to run the print head alignment process which I did. I believe the error message that then came up was 29. This whole process is not explained very well. There were areas missing, I assume there should have been color entries in those blank areas. When I tried to scan that page, the printer made awful sounds like it was breaking! I hope I can make this work. I really like this Canon - prints beautiful colors of my photos. Please help. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PV2
Apprentice

Hi and thanks. I re-did the alignment and now it says it is ok. Printed a test page fine so I guess all is ok.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

First thing I would check is that all the cartridges are seated properly.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

PV2
Apprentice

Hi and thanks. I re-did the alignment and now it says it is ok. Printed a test page fine so I guess all is ok.

How did you do the alignment???

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MG2500%20series/EN/BG/bg-maintenance1600.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

THank you, but, Unfortunately, tht didn't work for my MG3200.

This thread is for a MG2500 series printer. Did you Google MG3200 print head alignment?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Oops.    Now I did.  The alignment paper was NOT aligned.  BUt it printed off the glass perfectly, the item I have been trying to pring from my computer came out MUCH worse this time.  Maybe time for a new printer???

@momradgag wrote:

Oops.    Now I did.  The alignment paper was NOT aligned.  BUt it printed off the glass perfectly, the item I have been trying to pring from my computer came out MUCH worse this time.  Maybe time for a new printer???

OK, so 1. you performed the head alignment and it worked OK. 2. if you scan and print it prints OK but 3. if you print from the computer it doesn't print properly. Is that correct?

Does this happen with a particular software or any printing from computer?

Are you printing a text document of a photo?

Have you updated your computer or operating system lately?

Try downloading and reinstalling the printer driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

THank you for your helhp.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements