cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG2522 not detected

D3CKARD05
Apprentice

my PIXMA MG 2522 will not go all the way thru the process of loading from the disk. it keeps telling me printer is not detected when i have unplugged and re-plugged back in a few times i have even restarted my computer and powered of the printer and back on. tried to download the driver from website but tells me the same thing is there any way to fix this? 

10 REPLIES 10

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi D3CKARD05,

Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4. Right click the Canon MG2500 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG25000's are removed.

5. Disconnect the USB cable.

6. Click Close to close that window.

7. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

8. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

9. Click once on "Canon MG2500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

10. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.

11. Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1. Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...

2. Click the Select button next to "MG2522/MG2525 MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".

3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.

4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5. Double click "mp68-win-mg2500-1_02-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.

6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted by the installation.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem but have never had a driver installed. I purchased the printer and tried to load the driver and it says can not detect printer. I even tried the simple printer download and it does the same thing. It will not load. What do I do?

HI wapack2,

What model printer do you own?

What version of Windows are you using?
If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to create an account then reach our Technical Support Team:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

Same issue, same attempted remedies, no avail. Running Windows 11 (how my computer came) and purchased a PIXMA MG2522. I think it must be a Windows 11 thing, since I've tried for about 3 hours all the other reset and re-install methods I could think of?

I'm running windows 10 so it's a Canon problem.

The reinstalling won't work if we are all trying to get the first install, which is what I'm doing.

Hi wapack2 and robertoforange,

This issue occurs when the USB cable is connected before installing the drivers on your computer.

If you connect the USB cable before installing the drivers, Windows will detect the printer and attempt to install it.   Windows does not have the drivers to do this, so the printer will appear in the Devices and Printers window of Control Panel with the status of "Driver Unavailable".

Removing the printer from the Devices and Printers window, disconnecting the USB cable, installing  the drivers and connecting the USB cable when prompted by the installation (and not before) will install the printer correctly on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 computer.

If you are unable to install using the steps I provided previously, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please create a My Canon account using the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Once created, click on Get Support and then the chat and phone options will appear.

No Patrick. The initial download page has a terrible dropdown menu where it automatically downloads Windows 10 rather than Windows 11 drivers if you are just skipping along too fast & dumb in the initial download like me. You go through, make sure you select Windows 11 in that dropdown before download and it fixes.

Once again this is what I did. No USB cable was connected. The whole program has been a dud. Why is Canon still using programs to load a printer?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements