I kept on getting the following error msg while trying to print/scan on mg2520 on a macbook pro with Big Sur 11.2
Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:
- Scanner is turned off.
- (If using Wired LAN connection) It is disconnected from Wired LAN.
- (If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.
- (If using USB connection) USB cable is disconnected.
Please check and try again.
I've tried unplugging, restarting on both ends. Also tried downloading the drivers for big sur but it doesn't seem to have any on the usa.canon.com website as of now(2022-04-09) so I tried downloading the catalina ones but nothing seem to help. appreciate any insights!
Please turn your PIXMA MG2520 on and have the USB cable connected, then follow these steps:
1. Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.
2. Click on Printers & Scanners.
3. Click on the MG2500 that is listed on the left side and then click on the [-] at the bottom.
4. Disconnect the USB cable.
5. Click the [+] in the bottom left The Add Printer window will open.
6. Reconnect the USB cable.
7. Click one time on the Canon MG2500 series that appears.
8. Click Add in the lower right corner.
Once your PIXMA MG2520 has been re-added, please attempt to print then attempt to scan.