cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 7720 - "MP Drivers could not be installed" - Windows 7, wireless router

wingerjk99
Apprentice

MG 7720 - "MP Drivers could not be installed" - Windows 7, wireless router

This is a Canon PIXMA printer - brand new.  Everything seems to be downloading fine until it gets to the stage where the MP drivers are being downloaded.  At that point an error message is shown:  "MP Drivers could not be installed"  I tried to install with the USB cable method but no luck there.  I am at my wits end at this point.  Any advice - Please help.  Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try to temporarily turn off any firewall or anti-spyware programs on the system while performing the installation.  It may be possible that a different program is keeping the MP Drivers from installing.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hello.

If you continue to have difficulties with the setup, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Try to temporarily turn off any firewall or anti-spyware programs on the system while performing the installation.  It may be possible that a different program is keeping the MP Drivers from installing.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Thanks for your input.  I did this on my Norton but it didn't make any difference unfortunately.

Hello.

If you continue to have difficulties with the setup, find more help at Contact Us.

Announcements