How do I fix Canon MG5420
"Support Code 1403 print head is incorrect.
Install the correct print head"
I have been using this printer for 2 years with no problems, then all of a sudden I get "Support Code 1403"
I took out the print head cleaned it and reinstalled, still have the same problem.
The 1403 error is an indication that your PIXMA MG5522 does not detect the printhead or that the printhead is faulty. Please follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:
1. Confirm that the printer is powered on.
2. Pull open the paper output tray.
3. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. The print head will move to the replacement position.
4. Open the inner cover.
5. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.
6. Raise the print head lock lever.
7. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.
8. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.
9. Insert ink tanks into the print head.
10. Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.
11. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.
12. Close the inner cover and the scanning unit/printer cover.
If the error persists, your PIXMA MG5522 would require service. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.
To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.