cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG 5600 - image doesn't show on PC or Flashdrive

SunriseBoy
Apprentice

My printer is functioning but won't transfer images to the PC or USB.  

Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4

James_C

Hi SunriseBoy,

Based on what you described, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi James, thanks for that. But I spent some time and muddled through with an answer given. So I'm a happy camper once again.

Thanks for taking time to reply. I appreciate it.

Hi SunriseBoy!

Just in case someone else comes along and has the same problem you did, would you mind letting us know how you solved your problem?

Thanks!

Yeah, Stephen, here are the two things I did.  One was by MagicNettle: 

I own a MG5650 and I had this problem too, but then I found a solution.

All I did was run the CD-ROM that came with the printer, then pressed CHANGE METHOD.

I had ticked the box where it said connect with LAN etc. from before, but then I changed it to connect with USB, the lower one. 

I then did the normal settings on the printer when you start to scan (from the home screen ya know), and it worked!

I hope this helped somehow, like it did for me. Smiley Happy

Best of luck!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then this other one who didn't put their name to it:-

Been having a tinker with the scanner and ....... it worked, I scanned a document to my pc and here`s how ........

Put the document to be scanned to you PC on the platen and close the lid

From the home screen on printer,

1. Select  `COPY`

2. Select   `PREVIEW` .. the first button of 3 under screen.... the scanner will start scanning, and then when it`s finished

3. Select  `HOME``  ... the button next to the power switch

4. Select `SCAN`

5. Select `Save/Forward`  ... the first button of 3 under screen.

On the printer screen you should see `Forward scanned data to a PC

6. Select  OK button

Highlighted on the screen will be ` Local (USB)`

7. Select  OK button

Highlighted on the screen will be `Doc Type -Auto scan`

8. Select either the `COLOUR` button ( If you want a colour scan ) or  `BLACK` button ( If you want a black scan ) 

It should now be scanning your document and then transfering the image to your computer.

Seems a bit long winded I know, if someone has a better way please let us know.

Hope this Helps. 

Announcements