cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF232W image class doesnt stop showing "check consumables status report

oswal
Apprentice

my above mentioned printer doesnt stop flashing check consumable status report, by looking at the manuals i also set the display time to 1 but it doesnt go like that. printing too is very dull and lite, and also keeps showing ip address warning even after we have accepted or ignored, please help 

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

oswal
Apprentice

I'm using windows 11 and im connecting printer via wifi

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Oswal,

If you are getting light prints and get a check consumables message on the printer display, I would suggest reseating the toner cartridge using the steps in the link HERE. While the cartridge is out of the printer, you can give the cartridge a gentle shake to make sure the toner is evenly distributed. If reseating the toner cartridge does not resolve the issue, you can try replacing the toner to see if the message clears.

If you are getting IP warnings on the printer/computer screen, you can try setting a static IP address on the printer using the steps in the link HERE. You might have to reserve the printer's IP address in your router settings once the address has been set.

If you continue to have problems, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what might be causing the issue.

Announcements